Monday, July 4, 2011

Pride

I am extremely proud to be an American. I am also very proud of those in our family who have served on the military over the years. In our most immediate family I have a brother in law who was in the Navy,  a niece who is in the Air Force, one nephew who is currently in the National Guard, another nephew at boot camp in Fort Benning Georgia, a third nephew who will be leaving for the Marines any day now. I also have a sister who was a Marine (and recently lost quite a bit of weight and is looking like her lean mean years . Bravo Mary !) and a son Colton who served in the Navy for 6 years. A very loooong six years for this mamma.

So America, Land of the Brave and Home of the Free...Happy Birthday !

3 comments:

  1. What a patriotic family you have! I have a Marine and an Airman son. So I made sure to give them both hugs today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly done more than your patriotic duty in your family. Hope it was a fabulous weekend for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy 4th to you! Yes, you have much to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete