|Part of the budgeting process includes calculating the amount|
of energy AKA body mass lost when a pig swan dives for its milk.
First a housekeeping item. Several of you have mentioned lately that you have had difficulties leaving comments. Might explain the increased number of burning brown paper bags filled with excrement found on our front porch lately. So I messed around with my blog settings a bit and hopefully the problem will be solved...again. Please comment away so I can see if it works. Really I hope it does, the burning bags are drawing vultures.
So, for awhile now, 3 months to be exact, Keith and I have been plugging away at our farms budget for 2011. At this speed we'll finish the budget right about the same time the year itself is finished. Why so hard you might ask ? Oh so many reasons, just let me count the ways.
1. We are not accountants and we do not even play ones on TV
2. There is far less income to work with than last year thus the word "budget" becomes reality
3. We still have to feed hungry animals and cannot work at desks all day
4. We still have to butcher above animals in order to increase the income and address problem # 2
5. We upgraded to Quicken 2010 and it is way over our heads
6. We are selling many more products than a year ago which has increased income but
7 Also increased all our expenses
8. Due to number 6 we do not have data for the year before to guide us, its like a whole new
ball of ear wax which by the way is not an ingredient in my new soaps contrary to rumor
9. We have too much work to do to sit down and figure out how we can generate enough income to do
all the work we have to do.
10 We are not accountants
So there you have it the top 10 reasons our 2011 Farm budget is still a works in progress.
Now please a few comments, on anything at all. Lets see if this baby is working !