Friday, October 21, 2011

A Sidetrip to Soapville


Later today I will post more about our raw milk brigade but right now its Bubble Time ! I made some soap yesterday as both a distraction and a joy. I do love making soap and since all your clean freaks keep buying whatever I make (Thank you K.E and D.R.) I had to make more.



Still playing with all the natural colors via root powders, clays, charcoal, plant leaves, it makes me feel so...earthy. I have pretty much decided, after 10 months, on a basic cold process recipe but experimenting with scents as well as colors. My favorite EO combo is now Lavender-Lemongrass-Blood Orange in a 1:2:1 concentration. Very fresh and sexy smelling. Yes, SEXY. Even though I've been married forever, have 4 kids and 3 GK's I can still talk about sexy if I want to

SEXY
SEXY
SEXY

"Jeez, what was that all about?"
"Heck, if I know, you know how she gets sometimes"
"Tell, me about it"


So, if the voices are done I'll continue. I made up 3 batches and was most happy with this one. Colors were done with wheat grass powder (the greens), indigo powder (the blues), orange peel powder (the yellow) and Titanium dioxide (the white).


The soap got very thick as I mixed in the powder but since this is the second time I used these colorants I was ready for it. I slapped the soaps into the mold and SLAMMED it hard on the counter. So very therapeutic. I still got a few air bubbles but that's the fun about about handcrafted, its imperfect. Just like moi.

6 comments:

  1. the soap looks like you could eat it - delicious. glad it's gone well. I notice when I get into the shower after my lad in a morning the soap in the tray is still dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog. Your soap sounds and looks so good. Where to I go or what do I have to do to buy some? You can email me at avarilbb at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rare, I feel your pain. Having raised 3 male hoodlums, I was happy to get in the shower after them and at least see the shower floor was wet let alone the soap or wash cloth. I am happy to report 2 of 3 of them (ages 30, 23 and 21) appear to be washing regularly.

    Anon, I will email you about how to buy my soap. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! You are getting some amazing color ranges with your natural colorants. Really! I'm also a huge fan of lavender & lemongrass. I should try a shot of orange next time. :)

    ReplyDelete