Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NaNo WriMo Time

                                                                           

Yes, believe it or not it is that time of year again. NaNo WriMo time..(National Novel Writing Month) The group is an informal one comprised of writers and wanna be writers of all ages over 13. Their goal is to chide, encourage, push, and/or threaten you into writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Those 30 days are always in November of each year. Last year I took a week off from farm and nurse work to play NaNo WriMo for the first time. For the first 7 days of November 2009 I did not clean house, or answer phones. I did not cook or do laundry. I did not print invoices or deliver hog heads. I did not babysit or animal tend. Instead my sole activities were to sleep, eat and write.  My husband...good man.

I did not reach the 50,000 words that month but over the next year I did and soon my first novel will be sent out to its first group of hand selected editors.

So here I am on the cusp of another Novemeber and another NaNo WriMo contest. Anyone can play just go to  http://www.nanowrimo.org/   Now what shall I write about this year ? A burning love story between a weirdly tall show jumper from Ireland and his infatuation with the young American nurse ? Or maybe a murder mystery which takes place late at night on the edge of the sea and invloves a tractor , a man and his dingy ? Or perhaps a comedy about a lonely middle aged woman and her invisible friend ,Bill.

I CANNOT WAIT for Novemeber 1st !

No comments:

Post a Comment