Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lord, help the mister, who comes between me and my SEESTER


August 20, 2009



I can't recall who coined the phrase first, but several years ago one of us O'Shaughnessy sisters started calling ourselves the "seesters." The original founding group were myself, my sister Peg, my sister Mary and my sister Teresa. (Not to be confused with Mother Teresa but there are definite similarities. Over the years, as our female offspring reached adulthood, they were inducted into the seesterhood, usually against their will. Daughter-in-laws rounded out the membership.

I too often take this relationship we have for granted. Everyone lives within 60 miles of our farm. We gather every Holiday , for many birthdays, for weddings and funerals. We do not gather for Tupperware parties. We ride our ponies in a circle around any seester whose wagon might be in trouble even if it is just a wobbly wheel.

We pass the same 50 pounds back and forth to each other like an obese volleyball. "Look out, its coming your way, BEND YOUR KNEES !!! We often send along clothes that will fit the new body shape, be it sleeker or slacker. We pray for each other. A way better gift than that orange plastic bowl that burps itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment