Sunday, July 26, 2009

Putting the art before the course.

July 26, 2009

My middle granddaughter has a saying "yaya, lets MAKE ART !" (That is too exactly how she says it, with capitalized words and exclamation points. So I quess it is more of a demand than a saying. We don't mince words much in this family.) And earlier this week when she made that pronouncement, I answered her just like the super involved always hands-on grandmother I am, "Sure, make all the art you want, supplies are in the junk drawer, I gotta take a shower."

So with the bathroom door open and my ears on high alert, I heard her proclaim, "All I need is string and tape." I told her where to find them. A minute later I hear the back door open. My bionic ear perked up. "Where I you going ?" Allana replied. "I need more art, I'll be right back" She did come right back, so I finished scrubbing the goat saliva off my feet. Don't ask.

When I came out of the bathroom, my granddaughter was grining all the way around her face. This is what she made out of string, tape, and lily petals. She had some peas attached too but they fell off. (Peas release me let me go...)


So, stop what you are doing today on this gorgeous Sunday. Make a little art for yourself.


"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artisit once he (she) grows up."

Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment