Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Dangerous Zucchini

July 16, 2009

I just ate my lunch. One large zucchini from our own garden. I did not even bother to wash it.
Why ? We don't spray chemicals of any kind. Its a REAL organic garden not a fake one like Queen Michelle has. After I picked it, I cut it up skin and all. Then I dipped it in a lethal concoction of an also unwashed egg, I had gathered from the chicken house minutes before, and....raw milk. Yup. Raw milk. Not homogenized, not pasturized, just fresh from the cows my husband milked just this morning. Then I fried it in oil and butter. Oooooooo. I am such a risk taker. Makes my days of hitching a ride with bikers in Sturgis S.D. look pretty mild doesn't it ?.

Well, if our goofy government gets their way with HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act, I might not be able to be so frivalous with food growth, preparation and consumption in the near future. I will certainly be limited in what I can sell at the farmers markets or even give away to friends and family. The act states its main focus is to "Protect the public." Puuleeese. If our goverment is so worried about protecting me from the food I CHOOSE AS AN INFORMED ADULT to consume then why must they also increase my taxes to do so. ? Why is it everytime the folks in Washington want to do something to help me or protect me it costs ME more money ?

1 comment:

  1. Cars: Mater to the Rescue! Online Game Dan-Dare.org An Intro. A Tow Mater Flash online action game featuring Mater trying to rescue the crashed Lightning McQueen based on the Disney Pixar movie Cars Cool math com Monster Mind Reader. I'm not sure why, but, sometimes Monster starts the game without you! He really has a mind. about us || about our Cool Math Games || safe. Extreme 4x4 Racer Extreme 4x4 Racer -In this game you can design your own monster truck and complete all challenge tracks. Colle. (Played: 185,228)

    ReplyDelete