Friday, July 2, 2010

Ducks in a Row

Running a farm business drives me quackers most days. As I look ahead into the thick grass for the future pork and beef  needs of our restaurants, our off-the-farm customers, our grocery stores and our own family, I struggle with  keeping track of the projects just behind me. Such as maintaining the rules and regs of Organic Certification  and managing our raw milk business ? Often while trying to keep my eyes both ahead and behind me I will step my big webbed feet into a pile of  warm excrement. Hey ?! Where did that come from ?! Fortunately, I am duck like, and most bothersome things do pretty much roll off my back. The bottom of my feet however are a very different story. Now where did I put that pond ?

1 comment:

  1. Great take on running the farm business wise. Forget writing code, running a modern farms "business" ranks up with building a new space shuttle in complexity.

    But at least when you " step in it " on the farm it came from closer to home, and not some business office on Wall Street.

    No wait, that analogy isn't quite right either as a modern farmer has definitely stepped in do do from Wall Street..

    ReplyDelete