Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Irish Ass

Doolin, named after my favorite wee village on the west coast of Ireland, is always a big pain in my ...donkey. Whenever I am working with the horses, he insists on getting in the middle of things. If I leave a halter or brush on the ground, he picks it up in his mouth and carries it to the far side of the pasture. Like a toddler, if I follow after him , he runs from me shaking the desired object back and forth , sometimes slinging it into the tall grass. Then he will sit back on his haunches and brey at me while I look high and low for the lost object.

I can yell at him, threaten him with incarceration, it makes no difference. Doolin is one bad donkey. Most of this naughty behavior is tolerable but when he starts in with my footwear...I draw the line.

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest picture of a donkey I've ever seen! Worth the trouble to the boot!

    ReplyDelete