Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Teat Freezing Cold





It is so cold outside...
How cold is it?
It is so cold outside that I just fell in love with my husband of 21 years all over again when he volunteered to do all the outside chores in this -6 degrees F weather; THAT is how cold it is.

Ennis making us look bad
as she actually enjoys the brisk turn of events.

Of course the drastic temperature drop came just as we got our first real snow fall of the season. It in itself was not to bad, 4-6 inches in most areas, but now that winds are picking up we will indeed see some drifting. But even with the cold and the snow we had a good turnout at the farm store today most likely due to the new batch of beef we picked up at Bittners Eureka Locker on Monday.

Chuck, arm and rolled rump roasts beckoned to those wanting hot stews and other comfort foods to get through these days. This am I thawed one of our chickens for a chicken chili. Yes, it was a chicken in my freezer not just a cold bird in the coop. Sheeesh, give me a little credit would you? I might actually cook up a frozen solid bird found in our chicken coop but I would never blog about it.

Anyway, made the chicken chili and fresh cornbread from our own cornmeal  freshly ground from our corn this past summer and then...here's the best part...shared it all with our friends Emma and Kiyoshi from Lucky Duck Farm. These two work so hard to grow such fantastic food and we had not seen them in TOO long, so it was great to break (corn)bread and share farm stories with each other.

And just in case you don't know about Kiyoshi, in addition to his farming skills he has an amazing needle felting skill. You will not believe the detail in his small creatures!

Needle Felted Bird - Cedar Waxwing

Fabulous gifts for those who have everything or better yet for those who don't have everything and need something special. Check out more of his work Here

Now where was I ? Oh yeah it's cold outside, but when friends are able to make it up your drive for a meal and a visit life feels warmer.

10 comments:

  1. That bird is amazing. Of course I thought it was the real thing. I'm still trying to work out what minus 6 F is in Centigrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is -21 Centigrade. Minus freaking 21!!!! Yes, Kiyoshi's work is beautiful. It takes him many many hours to complete one tiny animal.

      Delete
    2. Don't humans die at minus 21 C ?

      Delete
  2. OMG, I had to look twice at the bird as well! Beautiful work.
    Stay (or try to) warm! We're down to 2 degrees at 7am....bet you wish YOU were that "warm".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes I do. So far all the animals are doing well, but all that extra straw in my bed is a bit itchy.

      Delete
  3. I don't miss those sub-zero temperatures one little bit! Both my sisters are suffering - one in Vermont and the other in Minnesota! Best wishes for a Happy New Year and for one that keeps you warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well silly us, we choose to live here! In my next life I'm going for moderate weather like Vina Del Mar, Chile. With high's of 74 and lows of 59 I might have to give up tomato growing but sounds like a small sacrifice to make for warm toes.

      Delete
  4. MidWest winters: I don't miss them at all. Your photos are wonderful. The black horse against the white snow--spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I do believe my horse is half Great Pyrenees. She LOVES the snow!

      Delete
  5. My Wife divorce me for no reason, Thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again, My name is James Mack. i live in Italy, I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravelovespell@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same web site: http://bravesp.blogspot.co.uk/,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again. { bravelovespell@gmail.com }, Thanks you Dr Brave, i will always be testifying about your good work.and for any questions call me {James Mack} on +393279282206.This spell is a 100% Guarantee for your situation.

    ReplyDelete