Thursday, April 3, 2014

Representative Daniel Burke Crosses Over to The Bright White Raw Milk Side!

Just hot off the email presses is this outstanding photo of Illinois Representative Daniel  Burke, yes the same one who sponsored HB4036 Amendment #1 which would ban all raw milk sales or distribution in Illinois, with a glass or raw milk!!

 
That is Rep.Burke on the right and Wes King of the Illinois Stewardship Alliance  in Springfield, who really went to bat for raw milk farmers and consumers when he became aware of the Bill. This represents the first official raw milk tasting in our capital which included several others in addition to the two gentlemen above.
 
And let me just say this about Representative Burke...I cannot imagine how tough it was for him last week to get ALL those hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of phone calls, emails, letters when he probably just assumed that The Northern Illinois Public Health Consortium had all the facts, which they didn't. I also want to say how much I respect him for listening to those who contacted him, for educating himself further about raw milk and for being brave enough to admit he had been misinformed.
 
Representative Burke now says he has no intention to move forward with legislation banning raw milk. 

Bravo Wes King, Representative Burke and all you Americans who did not stand silent while yet another of your rights was being threatened. !!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes Congrats to the hundreds of raw milk supporters who took time from their busy days to call, email, fax, complete surveys and be heard!

      Delete
  2. Am I dreaming?!?
    I have to admit, maybe I was wrong. Maybe one CAN turn around what evil deeds have been done. I suppose I should be writing a "thank you" letter to him now. Actually, I think I HAVE to! Not so much for Mrs. FT though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Carolyn. At first I was looking for evidence of photoshopping but it is indeed real and like you I'm writing some Thank You notes today. How refreshing is THAT?!?

      Delete
  3. But did he actually DRINK the milk? It looks a bit like a 'photo opportunity' shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been reported that he did indeed! I'll be ordering lab tests today for proof. Yes, I'm kidding. Sort of.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful news to know that the farmers are finally being listened too, Donna. I'm so pleased to read that your plans are coming together at last and you will soon be moving. Good luck to the new young farmers taking over your farm. I'm sorry I have been around for a while but I've been busy with my writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies needed! Thanks for checking in and reminding me I have Novel number 2 to get back to!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a victory lap, almost! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete